Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lights Out!

Last night everyone was encouraged to turn out their lights from 8:30 to 9:30 in their time zone, it was called Earth Hour. Robert decided that we would participate in this, but not only would we turn off the lights, we would unplug all electronics in the house and sit in the candle light and play checkers! We had so much fun that we ended up playing for not just one hour but closer to 2 hours! The candles I have are all scented and are all different scents, not good when you are already fighting bronchitis. So after about an hour and a half I blew them all out but 2 that were the same scent. Robert and Devin continued to play the game that they were playing, it was hillarious, they couldn't even see the checkers, but they struggled through it. I think that they enjoyed it even more because it was a challenge! We enjoyed it so much we decided that it will be a weekly event, except we will not use candles, we will use flashlights! I would have taken pictures, but I'm not sure that they would have shown up! I will attempt to take pictures next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment