Thursday, August 28, 2008

Storm

As promised, I finally have a photo of Storm. In the past couple of weeks I have been able to talk to Storm and am starting to build a bond with him again. It was so hard to make the decision to let him live with his dad, I felt like the worst mom in the world! There are days that I still do, but in talking to him, I realize that it has been the best thing for him and the entire family. He is learning how to make his own decisions. I have spent his entire childhood teaching him my values and now I just have to trust that he remembers all that he has been taught and applies it. I know that he will make mistakes in his life and I want to be the place that he feels comfortable coming to for encouragement when he falls, just like he did when he was little and got hurt. I am learning that letting them go is one of the hardest parts of being a parent. This is quite a journey.




Storm, Devin and Braxton.

No comments:

Post a Comment