Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spoiled

Sometimes we need little things in our life to remind us how fortunate we are to live in this country with all of our luxuries, and even when money is tight we, as Americans, are all rich and spoiled.

It started on Thursday. Class ended early so I was home a couple of hours early thinking I would get some studying done before we went to the Conway Twitty show. Well, I had done some homework and walked outside, I don't even remember why and there was water all over the front walk. I immediately knew that a pipe in the wall had burst. It took until Friday afternoon to get it fixed, so we lived without water for a day and a half. It drove me crazy not to be able to take a bath, and of course theres the potty thing, and even something as simple as brushing your teeth is impossible without running water.

Then yesterday I got home from school, early again, (maybe that should tell me something) and the power had just went out. A transformer down the street had blown. I had planned to come home and cook for the boys and I needed to check some stuff for school on the internet. I called Duke Power and they said we would have our power back on by 9. So instead of doing what I planned, we went to McDonalds, I did take my schoolwork and read it while Braxton played on the playground and then we went to the mall. We got home about 8:45 and the power was on!!!

We don't think about how much we have and how much we take forgranted! There are places around the world that do not have running water or electricity and I cannot function for even 1 day without these things! I admit it, I am spoiled.

I am blessed and I thank God that I was born in this country to my parents! I pray that I remember this lesson for a long time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment