Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Learning

As my oldest son, Storm's graduation nears I reflect back on his life and all that I have learned during his childhood. I have learned how to remove a filthy stinking stuffed animal from a sleeping child, wash, dry and return it to the sleeping child without him realizing it was ever gone. I have learned that frog urine does not cause warts, but that a frog can make mommy scream when placed on her shoulder. I learned that when he was 2 until 10 I was the most beautiful woman in the world. I have learned that boys don't bounce, but are pretty resiliant. I have also learned that it is very hard letting go of that beautiful little boy that I still see when I look at him. It is so bitter-sweet to see him grow up. As a parent,in your head you know it is your job to raise them to be Godly adults and then let them go into the world, but in your heart you want to keep them in that crib forever. I cannot believe my Stormy-Normy is eighteen and all grown up! I have also learned how much God must love us, his children!

No comments:

Post a Comment