Sunday, January 17, 2010

I Love My Church

I was absolutely blown away this morning at church! The message, as always was great, Perry is an awesome leader and great man of God, but that is not what blew me away. What was so amazing to me is the generosity of the church family! Perry asked the church to give to the relief efforts in Haiti, all of our donations are going to Samaritan's Purse for their ministry in Haiti. I was lucky enough to be an usher who was asked to hold one of the 10 offering buckets for people to drop in their donations as they left. This offering was over and above what they had already given in their tythe. My bucket was overflowing with checks and money, and the bills I saw being dropped in were not ones and change! My son also was lucky enough to be one of the ushers collecting this special offering and he was also blown away, and this was just one service at one of NewSprings 4 campuses! I love the heart of compassion this church has! I am so blessed to be a tiny part of this wonderful body of Christ!!! Thanks NewSpring for giving us the opportunity to serve God, not only here, but all over the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment