Monday, September 15, 2008

Reality of a Hurricane

I have been thinking about the hurricane and how it has changed so many lives. We see images on TV of the damage, but there is no way we can understand the true damage, not just material damage. Can you imagine everything you have being completely taken away. I mean your personal belongings, your school, your church, your job, everything you have ever known your entire life, your security and even the feeling of having somewhere to call home. We all need some feeling of security and that soft place to land, for some of these people they don't have that anymore. I think the hardest part would be not being able to go back to find out if you have a home. Can you imagine the uncertainty. I just know in my heart that God has a purpose for everything, even hurricanes and some good will come from it.

I am praying that God can comfort the people there and that they find the security that only He can give them.

No comments:

Post a Comment