Friday, May 15, 2009

How?

Storm and Devin before Storm's Junior Prom in April 2009

Have you ever wondered how 2 children can have the same parents and the same rearing and grow up to be completely different? As most of you know, I have 3 boys, Storm 17, Devin 16 and Braxton 10.



The oldest two boys have always been very close, but since Storm turned 15 he has changed so drastically. Shortly after he was 15 he decided he could not live with my rules anymore and that he wanted to live with his dad, normal for a kid his age. This was very difficult for me because I felt that I had somehow failed as a mother. If I was a good mother my child would want to live with me, right? I have struggled with this for the last 2 years and still do in some ways. About a month ago, Storm decided that he could no longer live with his dad and his rules. To him, both me and his dad are tirants. For goodness sakes, we terrible rules like you have to be in by 11:00 and no phone calls after 9:00, no smoking, drinking or drugs period. Storm broke all of these rules numerous times at both houses and would rebel more and more every time he was punished. It got to the point when he lived with me, as well as with his dad that we were concerned about the well being of the other children in the house (my other 2 boys here and his dad's 2 year old daughter and 1 year old son). We never knew what to expect with Storm, he has stolen prescription drugs from his dad's house and my house. So when he told his dad he was moving out from his house, we both told him that it was not a good idea, but we did not stop him, again another heart-wrenching decision. He has moved in with one of his friends and his family. I have now heard of even worse behavior on his part. I talk to Storm as often as I can and even visit him at work to let him know how much I love him, but am so scared for him! I worry so much about his salvation and live by the scripture: Proverbs 22:6-Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.



Storm was such a loving child and his brother Devin was my hellian when they were small, you never knew what he would get into next. Now Devin is so grounded, he even tries to give Storm advice and positive encouragement. He is so good with all his younger brothers and sister and even consoles me when I am upset. He is not perfect, but he is so grounded and will refer to the Bible for solutions to any problem. I am so proud of him, he is very active in our youth group and volunteers every Sunday with the two year olds and loves it! I pray for all of my boys every day. I pray that Storm begins to make better decisions for himself, that Devin continues to make good decisions and that Braxton will make good decisions when he gets older. I also pray that I make good decisions for them all and that I become a better model of Christ for them.



Please pray for my Storm and the decisions he is making right now.

1 comment:

  1. Parenting is so hard (and I am a beginnier!). Praying for your family. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete