Friday, December 18, 2009

Most Wonderful Time of the year

I love Christmas! I love the lights, the smiling faces, the hustle and bustle of the season! I love it all! I love that I get to spend extra time with my sister because we do a lot of our shopping together. I actually have had even more time with her this year because she had surgery last week and I am her official taxi! I have loved it! This time of year makes me think of my mom, she is the one that instilled the love of this season in me. She was like a child at Christmas time. I miss her so badly at this time of year, but I also feel closer to her now than ever! I make sure that her traditions are passed on to my children, she always read "The Night Before Christmas" to us on Christmas Eve, and then my dad would read the True Christmas Story from the Bible just before we went to bed! My mom always had the family over every Christmas and of Course on Christmas Eve dinners with her best friend Wanda and her family! I pray that one day when I am no longer here on this side, that my children will be able to look back on the memories we are making now and smile as I do now!

No comments:

Post a Comment